Dr. Ellen Dean Davis
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship Trained Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Ellen Davis was a 4-year starting Division I all-American soccer player at the University of Tennessee. She brings a unique perspective to her practice, as she has been a patient after suffering an on-field tibia/fibula fracture which required surgery. Dr. Davis was successfully rehabilitated and went on to play professional soccer with the Women’s United Soccer Association.
After a successful athletic career, Dr. Davis completed medical school and graduated as the valedictorian of her class. She completed her orthopaedic training at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center and a specialized fellowship in pediatric and adolescent orthopaedic surgery at the renowned Alfred I. DuPont Children’s Hospital. After receiving the highest level of training under world leaders in pediatric orthopaedics, she returned to northern New Jersey, where she is now active in both the clinical and academic settings. Dr. Davis’ special interests include hip disorders, pediatric trauma, clubfoot, cerebral palsy and pediatric sports medicine.
Dr. Davis prides herself in treating every child as if they were one of her own. She takes a personalized approach with each family to ensure that the treatment plan best serves their child's individual needs.
- Undergraduate: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Medical: St. George's University School of Medicine, Grenada, West Indies
- Internship: Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ/St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Paterson, NJ
- Residency: Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ/St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Paterson, NJ
- Fellowship: Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society