Dr. Jeffrey Leary
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship Trained in Orthopaedic Trauma, Adult Orthopaedic Reconstruction and Arthritis Surgery
Dr. Jeff Leary has completed fellowship training in orthopaedic trauma at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has expertise in the treatment of complex fractures of the extremities, pelvis and acetabulum. He went on to complete a second fellowship in Adult Joint Reconstruction and Arthritis treatment at the prestigious Florida Orthopaedic Institute. Dr. Leary has specialty training in hip and knee replacement surgery, robotic (MAKO) partial knee replacement surgery, as well as complex revision hip and knee surgery. At NJOG, he performs hip replacement surgery using various surgical approaches including a muscle sparing direct anterior approach. He also has extensive experience with multimodal post operative pain management and rapid recovery protocols.
Dr. Leary served as a member of a select Special Operations Surgical Team where he completed two combat tours of Afghanistan. For his role supporting combat operations he was awarded the Air Force Commendation Medal, the Joint Service Commendation Medal, and was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal upon completion of his military service. A native of central New Jersey, Dr. Leary is thrilled to be back home providing excellent orthopaedic care to those in his community. His first priority however, is his wife Kim and three children, Taylor, Jason, and Christian.
- Undergraduate: Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
- Medical: Rutgers—University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ
- General Surgery Internship: Rutgers—Robert Wood Johnson Medical School University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Rutgers—Robert Wood Johnson Medical School University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
- Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship: University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Adult Orthopaedic Reconstruction and Arthritis Surgery Fellowship: Florida Orthopaedic Institute, Tampa, FL
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Fellow, American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- AO Trauma North America
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society