Dr. Robert M. Masella
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship Trained in Sports Medicine
Dr. Robert Masella is proud to serve as the team physician for his alma mater James Caldwell High School, where he was a three-sport athlete. Dr. Masella was also a four-year varsity letterman for the football team at Yale University. He was elected team captain his senior year and was awarded First-Team All-Ivy League and First-Team All-New England Sports Writers.
Dr. Masella then completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine at University of Massachusetts, where he worked with some of the world’s leading experts in sports medicine and participated in the care of several high-profile sports teams. This unique experience has given Dr. Masella the expertise to treat complex sports-related injuries at NJOG. He has a special interest in arthroscopic shoulder, knee, and hip surgery.
Dr. Masella lives in Caldwell with his wife Nicole and their 4 daughters and son. He can often be found out on the field or in the gym taking care of injuries or coaching his kids. Dr. Masella is a crossfit athlete and is heavily involved in taking care of crossfit athletes.
- Undergraduate: Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Medical: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Internship: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ
- Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- New Jersey Orthpaedic Society