Dr. Robin M. Gehrmann
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship Trained in Sports Medicine
Dr. Robin Gehrmann specializes in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery.
Following his fellowship he served as assistant team physician for the Philadelphia Eagles, Flyers, and Kixx (men’s indoor professional soccer team).
After moving back to New Jersey, he served as the Chief of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine at the Rutgers—New Jersey Medical School for 10 years. He taught Orthopaedic residents cutting edge surgical techniques in arthroscopy and reconstruction. In his practice he treats athletes of all ages ranging from the competitive adolescent to the middle-aged weekend warrior. He is currently the Head Team Physician for all of the Rutgers—Newark Athletic Teams. Dr. Gehrmann specializes in the care of athletic injuries requiring arthroscopic or open surgery and continues to publish articles in these areas. His areas of interest include ligament reconstruction, tendon repair and cartilage transplantation.
“My goal is to treat each patient as an individual and not 'an injury.' I integrate patient age and activity level with their personal expectations. My stress is on patient education so that together we can arrive at the best treatment plan for your lifestyle.”
- Undergraduate: New York University, New York, NY
- Medical: Drexel University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- General Surgery Internship: Rutgers—New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Rutgers—New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: 3B Orthopaedics—Pennsylvania Hospital/University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Genzyme Cartilage Transplantation
- Associate Master Instructor of Arthroscopy: Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Head Team Physician Rutgers—Newark Scarlet Raiders
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- New Jersey State Athletic Commission—Ringside Physician
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society, Board of Directors
- The Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine—Editorial Board