Dr. Ryan Dowling
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship Trained in Orthopaedic Trauma
About Dr. Ryan Dowling
Dr. Ryan Dowling completed a double major in biochemistry and economics at Georgetown University and spent two years as a management consultant before attending medical school at Temple University. During his five-year residency in orthopaedic surgery at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, he completed training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and the Alfred I. DuPont Hospital and participated in cartilage research at the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Columbia University.
Dr. Dowling completed a fellowship in orthopaedic trauma at one of the busiest trauma centers in the country, the Texas Medical Center Ben Taub General Hospital. His training focused on complex orthopaedic trauma, acetabular fractures, pelvic ring injuries, complex intra-articular fractures, disorders of the hip and acetabulum, and post-traumatic malunions, nonunions, and infections. He also performs knee and shoulder arthroscopy at NJOG.
Dr. Dowling works with orthopaedic surgery residents at both Mount Sinai in New York and St. Joseph’s in New Jersey. He lectures the residents on topics of orthopaedic trauma.
A native of Massachusetts, Dr. Dowling resides in Jersey City with his wife. When not busy with orthopaedics, he enjoys working out and finding new culinary discoveries.
- Undergraduate: Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Medical: Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Mount Sinai—St. Luke's, New York, NY
- Residency: Mount Sinai—St. Luke's, New York, NY
- Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship: Southwest Orthopedic Group, Baylor, Houston, TX
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association