Dr. Garrick Cox
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship Trained in Orthopaedic Trauma
About Dr. Garrick Cox
Dr. Garrick Cox is a board-certified fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in orthopaedic trauma and sports medicine. Dr. Cox sees patients in his Wayne and Little Silver Monmouth county locations.
Dr. Cox is Chief of Orthopaedic Trauma at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, one of the busiest trauma centers in New Jersey, and a member of the teaching faculty at Seton Hall University School of Graduate Medical Education. He is also a member of the AO Orthopaedic Trauma Faculty of North America and a recipient of the “Howard Rosen Award” for most outstanding teaching faculty member. He travels around the United States lecturing and instructing orthopaedic residents to improve their knowledge of orthopaedic trauma.
During his undergraduate studies at Yale University, Dr. Cox was a two-sport NCAA collegiate athlete in football and baseball. He has unique real-life on-the-field experience in sports-related injuries. He also has a special interest in rehabilitative and nutritional sports medicine for both prevention and recovery from sports-related injuries. Dr. Cox has been training at CrossFit 201 in Franklin Lakes since 2013. He has performed numerous operations on CrossFit athletes and has also helped to educate hundreds of CrossFit athletes in injury prevention and rehabilitation.
In his free time, Dr. Cox spends time on personal fitness, competes in competitive Crossfit training, and is the covering physician for multiple Crossfit Competitions throughout the tristate region. He has operated on some of the highest level Crossfit athletes out there and returned them back to the highest level of performance. He has also performed numerous operations on Major League Baseball players and other athletes with impeccable results.
- Undergraduate: Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Medical: Drexel University (Formerly MCP-Hahnemann), Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: St. Joseph's Hospital, Paterson, NJ/Seton Hall Graduate School, South Orange, NJ
- Residency: St. Joseph's Hospital, Paterson, NJ/Seton Hall Graduate School, South Orange, NJ
- Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship: Baltimore Shock Trauma, Johns Hopkins University, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- AO North America (Trauma Faculty)